Not sure what I need...

xllx

I'm looking for a bit of kit or a solution which may or may not exist.

Situation is a rack playing audio and video from an Extron JMP9600 video player.

Video side is fine, but I'm looking for an elegant solution to controlling the audio. Currently 8 channels of digital audio are converted to analogue via 2 4 way converters.

6 of these are fed into either 6 amps or 6 powered speakers via balanced XLR. 2 channels are not used.

I am looking for a way to control both the relative levels of each of these feeds and a master level controlling all 6 together.

So something with 6 ins, 6 outs, and a master.

Ideally I am looking for a rackmounted product with proper knobs or faders.

Any bright ideas of what's on the market that can do this?

I'm looking for a bit of kit or a solution which may or may not exist.

Situation is a rack playing audio and video from an Extron JMP9600 video player.

Video side is fine, but I'm looking for an elegant solution to controlling the audio. Currently 8 channels of digital audio are converted to analogue via 2 4 way converters.

6 of these are fed into either 6 amps or 6 powered speakers via balanced XLR. 2 channels are not used.

I am looking for a way to control both the relative levels of each of these feeds and a master level controlling all 6 together.

So something with 6 ins, 6 outs, and a master.

Ideally I am looking for a rackmounted product with proper knobs or faders.

I don't have an X32 yet (planning to buy this year so I've done a bit of research) but I think this would probably do the job with a bit of setting up. http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_x_32_producer.htm I think if you assign the relevant 6 channels to a single DCA to control the faders/volume (a DCA works to adjust all the faders simultaneously) then send each channel, post fade, to the relevant output that should do it. I'm sure an X32 user will be along soon to confirm or to shoot me down in flames http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

You want a surround sound monitor controller mostly made for controlling surround sound mixes out of DAWs

For example

http://spl.info/en/products/monitor-controllers/surround-monitor-controller/detailed-description.html

There are others but most of them are sold in to the broadcast market so the prices are eye watering the spl is around £600 not sure if you can do something cheaper than that.

Archived