TV One Scan Converter/Scaler

Joe Bleasdale

So I have been given a TV One C2-2200 unit to work with on a job. It's running an LED screen which has a custom resolution of 576x192. The content I got given is in the wrong aspect ratio so has black bars along top and bottom.

Currently I have it set up so the output of the server fits the screen nicely, but ideally I'd like a way of shifting the whole output upwards on the TV One unit to get rid of the black bars, as new content is not an option. Either that, or is there a way of setting/changing the aspect ratio of the output to get rid of the black bars?

The menus are somewhat difficult to navigate, there must be a way to scale/shift/size my way out of this problem...

Welcome to the wonderfull of tv one. if you have a laptop with 232, instal corio tools and you can control the unit in a sensible manner, however if what you want to do is simply move the image up without any aspect ratio distortion to get rid of burnt in letterboxing, I dont think you can as any scaling will either loose the sides or distort the image. I dont think you can move the raster position outside the frame on that unit, like you would need to, but surely its simple enough to do on the server ? failing that cant you change the origin of the video wall processor so it doesnt start at 0,0 but at a position a bit down from the top ?

Thanks folks, talking to TV One at the moment to try and fudge my way around this problem.

Yeah, I've head "Get an Image Pro" from multiple people, and I agree with that, that's the unit that's industry standard for a reason, but unfortunately it is not an option.

Thanks.

As your feeding LED surely a equally simple solution would be moving the region that its looking at to the centre and then just scale in the TV One unit? or as others have said as your using a media server then do it in there... What is the server?

It was more complicated, I said "server" but that was loose, it's just the computer playing the media, it's not running something like hippo in this instance.

We managed to get it sorted in the end by finding a way to shift the image.

Thanks for the input.

If you use a program like screen monkey you can adjust the layout and make it fit

does anyone else find that there are in inordinate number of replies to problems on the forum where screen monkey gets suggested as the solution? many like this one where it allmost certainly isnt...

also having just had to programme a tv one unit to apply a hexagonal mask , I think that it probably is / was possible to do what was required, its just that the tv one user interface doesnt make for a easy user experience...

Archived