Church Camera Relay

PuppetLight

One of the churches I work with have just had their organ restored and part of the grant has allowed for more lighting (which had already been designed and purchased) and also has allowed for an AV set up.The director of music would like a camera by the organ (at the back of the church) with the feed to then be projected onto a screen or fed through a monster at the front of the church. Between each location there is about 20m between organ and screen and then 18m between organ and intended projector location.

Unfortunately I have had limited experience with AV so would like to know what the cheapest and most suitable equipment would be and ideally how to set it up or recommendations for any companies in the UK we can get in touch with. The project is National Lottery Funded

Thanks in advance!Chris

The director of music would like a camera by the organ (at the back of the church) with the feed to then be projected onto a screen or fed through a monster at the front of the church.

Seems like an awful lot of trouble...can't you just feed it sugar puffs?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

"Cheapest and most suitable" ...

I'm not saying that the cheapest option won't be the most suitable. But I would say you generally don't get cheap as well as best.

Is this to show the minister/pastor up on the screen? Or to show the organist up on the screen?

cctv camera, with suitable lens (or go for a static vari focal dome), to bnc, fed directly into projector. Look for a 700 line camera for a decent picture.

rg59 coax or shotgun cable to projector with bnc's on the ends, 12v feed to camera from a transformer.

Voila.

you can even but the cable pre terminated with ends on.

Just don't buy it from maplin, unless you want to get ripped off.

Another thing to consider is whether anything else will be projected onto the screen, song lyrics, PowerPoint etc. As there may be the need for a simple (or more advance) switcher inline.

Of course this can be added at a later date but worth thinking about now if funding allows.

Food for thought...

Phil

Archived