Information on old lights

dmoorcroft

HI,

I was recently undertaking some maintenance at a venue I occasionally freelance for and was clearing out an old store room. I came across some old (and not so old) equipment and was hoping BR would be able to shed some light on some of the items. The items are surplus to requirements and, I guess, any estimate of value would be appreciated as ultimately I will probably recommend the venue sells it off to invest in more equipment.

The items are as follows:

2 x Rank Strand Parblazer 4 - I've seen from the strand archive that these are some of the earliest parcans in the shape that we know and love.

FURSE Crown 650 P - this is what I noted the fixture down as but google yields nothing - IIRC it was a square unit, similar in style to a CCT Minuette profile but shorter.

TBA Tech 65 Series F - again, what I had written down but not able to find any info on the web

Strand Minim 23 - missing lamp and lamp cover

CCT Silhouette - I know these fixtures but not seen them in a while. Big 2nd hand market?

Also came across a Compulite Dlite 36/72 - didn't have time to get this out to test but did notice a hole where a VGA connector "should\2 be although presume this could have been an earlier model with no screen output capability?

Any info on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HI,

I was recently undertaking some maintenance at a venue I occasionally freelance for and was clearing out an old store room. I came across some old (and not so old) equipment and was hoping BR would be able to shed some light on some of the items. The items are surplus to requirements and, I guess, any estimate of value would be appreciated as ultimately I will probably recommend the venue sells it off to invest in more equipment.

The items are as follows:

2 x Rank Strand Parblazer 4 - I've seen from the strand archive that these are some of the earliest parcans in the shape that we know and love.

FURSE Crown 650 P - this is what I noted the fixture down as but google yields nothing - IIRC it was a square unit, similar in style to a CCT Minuette profile but shorter.

TBA Tech 65 Series F - again, what I had written down but not able to find any info on the web

Strand Minim 23 - missing lamp and lamp cover

CCT Silhouette - I know these fixtures but not seen them in a while. Big 2nd hand market?

Also came across a Compulite Dlite 36/72 - didn't have time to get this out to test but did notice a hole where a VGA connector "should\2 be although presume this could have been an earlier model with no screen output capability?

Any info on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I will admit that I don't know a couple of those fixtures, but I think you'll probably struggle to even give that lot away, excepting maybe the desk!! Sil's go for very low amounts on Ebay, if you're lucky.

Old theatre lights are probably best used as recycling or landfill unless you can put the work in and make a "retro desk or standard lamp" out of them and put them in a shop on say the Kings Road SW6.

The usual issues include: that the lamps are not available, the light is not well used or the structure doesn't have the usual cable clamps and insulation that we now expect for electrical safety. Beware asbestos insulated wire or even asbestos fibre washers inside.

You also need to be careful of the PARBlazers - the four I used to have didn't have safety mesh in front of the lamp (but then they were allegedly prototypes!) which meant we didn't hang them FOH over an audience.

Archived