BBC Equipment Auction

Bobbsy

The BBC are going to be selling off a ton of gear from TV Centre in an online auction later this month.

A quick scan of the detailed list shows quite a lot of interesting stuff...I'd be looking into it if I was still in the UK.

A bit more info plus a link to the list HERE.

If it's anything like the Bush House auction, a lot of it will go for silly high prices and gradually appear on fleabay with unrealistic buy-it-now prices as the buyers hugely overestimated their worth...

Thanks for the heads-up though; I shall be watching with interest.

Agreed - seen in crop up in several Facebook posts and linked emails.

If you want something, decide on a price ( bearing buyers premium and VAT to be added to hammer price), submit it, then walk away till after closing.

I don't feel so bad about not being in the UK then--it sounds like they've become too social media savvy for there to be any good deals before.

Years ago, a studio complex shutting down was almost always a great way to get decent equipment cheap--the best ever was when ATV shut Elstree and left disgruntled staff who weren't moving to Nottingham to handle the sales!

Bobbsy, keep an eye out for the ABC auctions.

I usually go to the, annual, Sydney auction and I believe they have similar for other capital cities.

A lot of rubbish but enough good stuff to keep it interesting and reasonable prices.

Archived