Sound to Light

numberwrong

Am I right in thinking there is no sound to light feature on Avolites titan?

Anyone know of a possibility of this feature being added, especially on the titan 1 (or is that wishful thinking!)

You are right.

Send your suggestion to Avolites, you never know what might happen. Pearl Classic software used to have it, so it's always possible the feature will come back into Titan.

oo without meaning to hijack the thread but just while I think about it, how do you assign speed masters? I didn't realise you could do this… http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

see 7.2.5 in the manual

Playbacks can be assigned to a Speed Master which allow you to modify the speed of shapes or effects stored in a cue (or in the case of chases, to modify the speed of the chase).

A playback is assigned to a Speed Master by pressing [Playback Options] then [speed Source]. The following speed sources are available:

· Local (no Speed Master)

· BPM 1-4 (override the local speed with a fixed value from the master)

· Rate 1-4 (proportionally modify the local speed using the master)

The 4 different BPM Masters and 4 different Rate Masters allow you to individually control the speed of different playbacks.

You will also need to assign one or more handles to act as the master faders; to do this, switch the console to System mode and select [Assign Mastering]. Special key profile options are available for Speed Masters, BPM Masters default to Tap Tempo.

Well they have got a mini jack line in on the Titan consoles. It doesn't seem too much to ask for a windows based program.

Never actually used the sound to light on the classics, someone told me it was no good. Any truth in that?

Yes, the hardware is there to do it. I guess on that level of console not many users want that feature.

If I remember correctly on classic you could program 4 chases on the last 4 playbacks which would step in time to bass, mid, upper mid, treble. It was fairly limited.

Archived