Strand 520i startup beeps.

melkin

Hey guys. We have an old strand 520i that's won't start up. When I power it up the 2 LCD screens light up and fans etc but it never actually starts up the software.

What is foes do is make a series of beeps, which I'm guessing will tell me more info but I can't find anywhere telling me what the beeps mean- it's like this -

Beep, (pause) beep beep beep, (pause) beep beep beep, (pause) beep. If that makes sense.. Or 1, 123, 123, 1..

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

According to that site, if it's a phoenix bios on the mobo that means "autosize DRAM" - I've seen PCs need to auto size their memory when the mobo has forgotten how much memory it has, which can happen because the battery which powers the NVRAM has died.

Sorry to jump onto this but today out strand 520i also failed to start-up. The LCD's on the desk lit up but nothing was displayed, there was no response from the rest of the desk and the LCD monitors weren’t getting any signal. I got the error beep code of a long beep then 2 short beeps. Some googling has told me this is likely to be the graphics chip. Can anyone confirm this and if it is the graphics chip can it be replaced? I'm guessing not as it’s an onboard chip and not a graphics card! But I could be wrong!

Stephen

:rolleyes:

Well I have it working again now thank god. I unclipped the ram and plugged it back in and changed the internal cr 2032 battery on the central motherboard and hey presto it fired up and is working fine now.

Thanks for all the relies though.

Sorry to jump onto this but today out strand 520i also failed to start-up. The LCD's on the desk lit up but nothing was displayed, there was no response from the rest of the desk and the LCD monitors weren’t getting any signal. I got the error beep code of a long beep then 2 short beeps. Some googling has told me this is likely to be the graphics chip. Can anyone confirm this and if it is the graphics chip can it be replaced? I'm guessing not as it’s an onboard chip and not a graphics card! But I could be wrong!

Stephen

:rolleyes:

Check the card that slots into the ISA connector on the mobo.

K

Archived