Convert Clearcom RS502 mod for Electret Mic

david.elsbury

Hi

I have a Clearcom RS502 dual channel comms pack which I wish to use with a GN Netcom GN2101 headset. Unfortunately, the model of beltpack I have is the earlier one that does not have an option to power electret capsules. Therefore I wish to mod the pack to supply the bias voltage required.

I have come across a basic bias circuit online which uses a 9v battery and resistor; and a capacitor to block the bias voltage from hitting the mic input. I was originally considering this with a voltage regulator, to drop to the 9v required, however the standard 9v regulator that I can find (7809) has a max input voltage too close to the 30v of the Clearcom line to be comfortable for me - I have encountered variations (non Clearcom) systems that run a higher voltage, around 48v... and I don't want to fry the regulator.

I intend to hide the voltage dropping and bias circuitry inside the pack. Has anyone got any suggestions, or is there another way I can approach the problem?

Cheers

David

Of course :)

So as per the below image, I should be fine... right?

In theory there should be no issues with tying the 0v of the incoming power rail to the cold of the mic preamp?

http://I.imgur.com/62RH4Ff.jpg

Cheers

David

Archived