Zero 88 Fat frog issue

stuartw154

I've just liberated a 24/48 channel fat frog from storage, however when it's powered up channels 1 to 12 work as normal controlling dimmers 1 to 12, but channels 13 to 24 are also controlling dimmers 1 to 12.

I've reset the desk defaults and a 1 to 1 patch but to no avail. Am I being really stupid here and missing something obvious or is this a known issue?

Any pointers would be appreciated, Thanks

Knowing the inside of this desk, I think the faders are in banks of 6 or 12 and they are a common module which has a 'start address' of sorts, with dip switches on the back of the module which tells the desk which channel numbers the faders are, and they are on a common data bus. This is certainly what it looks like anyway but Zero88 technical should be able to give you a more concrete answer, assuming you haven't got a patch/wide mode problem or anything else

Ok thanks, It could be the dip switches, I'll have a look. The dimmers are fine, so I know it's not an issue there.

My notes say that Card 0 (channels 1-12) all DIP switches are ON, Card 1 (channels 13-24) DIP switch 3 ON (nearest left hand end of desk). Doesn't look very logical but that will be either because I got it wrong or why I made a note of it in the first place!

HTH

Dave

Have you pressed the wide button? They can be used as 2 preset desks.

Assuming something hasn't crossed wires, if it's a 24/48 desk it would be channels 25+ that would be duplicating channel 1 in two preset mode, rather than 13.

I don't think it's to do with the wide/2 preset set up. When I put up fader 13, dimmer 1 comes on and on the monitor screen it shows as channel 1.

I haven't had chance to check the dip switches yet but it may be that it was set up like that previously.

Just to update those who helped or those looking for information...............

The problem was the dip switches, for some reason they were all in the off position and when I reset them everything worked as normal.

Here for information is the correct setting:

On the PCB for channels 1-12, all the 3 switches should be in the off position.

On the PCB for channels 13-24, switches 1 and 2 should be off and switch 3 should be on.

Many Thanks for the help..........

Archived