MagicQ FX speed

mark_s

Just trying to tidy up some programming for a show without the rig in front of me, and thus no way of seeing if there's a way to do what I actually want to do and that it does what I expect. I'm looking to simulate the act of bringing down an FX speed master to 0, but in a cue - to halt the (P/T) effect in the previous cue in the exact positions the units are in when the cue is executed.

I've tried recording a cue which sets the effect to 'stopped', but the units snap to different positions; it's just occurred to me as I write this that this is probably because it thinks this is a new effect and runs it 'from the beginning', with the units snapping to the positions they would be in at the beginning of the effect. Obviously I want a cue which modifies the effect in the previous cue.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way of doing this? I'm drawing a blank in my caffeine-deprived state, and as much as I can fiddle blindly and probably stumble upon something I'd quite like to turn up at the next venue with a solution that 'just works'.

For now I'm getting away with it by using a cue stack macro to set the level of the existing speed master playback to 0, but that's a disgustingly ugly workaround. If anyone out there knows how to modify the parameters of an already-existing effect in a cue, I'd love to hear!

Archived