Where to find tiny nuts and bolts sets

I had a variety box of around 5mm head hex nuts and bolts of various lengths, there were some machine screws of a similar size too I think. It probably had about 200 pieces and was around the size of a fag packet. I had it long enough to have forgotten where I picked it up from. It has annoyingly gone missing and I am struggling to find a replacement.

There are plenty of places selling bulk and loose for the hobby market but this isn't quite what I am after and by the time I've picked the variety I might need, it starts getting expensive.

This box is the sort of thing you might have found in Woolies or Wilkos. It would probably show up blister packs in Poundland or Lidl too...

Searching the web has only provided me with suppliers in the US (mostly through Amazon like this). I've also been round all my local hardware stores and Woolies replacements like Boyes etc.

Does anybody have any idea where I might find something like this?

...around 5mm head hex nuts and bolts...

When you say 5mm head, do you mean 5mm across the flats (AF) ?

An M3 bolt is 5.5mm AF on an ISO hex head. An M2.5 bolt is 5.0mm AF.

Rapid do a variety of screw kits. Search on 'screw kit'.

[E2A]

As do CPC. Ditto on the search.

Archived