The Music Man - Sound Effects

galaxypro

Hi, does anyone have a collection of the sound effects required for The Music Man that they would be willing to share, or pass on a link to where a set can be purchased?

Thanks

Mark

have you asked the rights holder? often they package things like this when you get permission and buy your scores etc. but if they don't package, they are sure to have an answer to your question.

Not to be too blunt, but sound effects for ANY show should really be specific to the production you're producing.

Yes, some may be of a 'one size fits all' variety, but others may not.

I don't do SFX very often but when I do, I tend to enjoy the challenge of sourcing effects from a variety of places that fit MY vision of the show coupled with that of the director (and I often have a choice of several for some SFX to give options).

+1 for what Ynot said.

I DO do the sound effects for shows very often and the sourcing or recording, then editing and mixing of the effects to EXACTLY match what the production needs is one of my favourite parts of the job. I've yet to find a set of generic effects that were much good for any show I've worked on.

I've never done Music Man but I have a pretty good stock of sound effects and enjoy recording new ones or mixing old ones together, so if there's anything giving you trouble, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I've done Music man a few years back....

... and maybe it's my brain having a spasm but I'm struggling to remember what might be unusual sfx-wise. There's some steam train stuff at the beginning, most of which is scored for the band to simulate, and obviously there are kids playing instruments, again use the band. There's a firecracker, easy. what else is there?

Archived