Echo internal display to monitor Chamsys MQ60

vinntec

When I got our brand new MQ60 out of its box and connected an external monitor, it booted up and displayed exactly what was showing on the internal display on the external monitor. I have since experimented with monitor settings and can copy windows to the monitor using EXT key, but cannot figure out how to go back to just showing what the internal display is showing. If I move the mouse it goes across the internal display then to the right the mouse appears on the external monitor.

Chamsys say it is not possible to echo the internal screen onto an external monitor on their forum, but I am sure I read somewhere that it was? This is a compact console MQ60 with a single VGA output. :(

They do output the initialization sequence on both screens but I am pretty sure there is no way to mirror the running screens with the existing hardware. You can with a Wing as you are using the Windows functionality, nut not with the Linux core.

They do output the initialization sequence on both screens but I am pretty sure there is no way to mirror the running screens with the existing hardware. You can with a Wing as you are using the Windows functionality, nut not with the Linux core.

But when the desk was first turned on it was doing exactly this. I could operate the desk as if the monitor was the internal display (using mouse as not touch) so the monitor changed to match whatever the internal display had on it. It stopped doing it when I changed the monitor resolution and at that point there seems no way back. However the desk clearly is able to do it and it is a useful option as our MQ60 will be squeezed into a tiny operating position so that it is standing up and at an eye-aching distance from the operator. We'll see if other people have any ideas otherwise I will raise it as an issue with Chamsys.

I will raise it as an issue with Chamsys.

Please don't :P

The initial linux console is handled by the underlying kernel and is not part of the X11 system which runs MagicQ. If you want to force the internal screen onto the external screen (the internal one will go blank), you can use the front panel shortcut of pressing the bottom three arrow keys and the exec button which should force the internal screen onto the external monitor.

Oddly I'm not aware of the desk coming out of here in a mode where the external output is a duplicate of the first, so I'll have to see with production what they're doing to get it set like this. It's certainly not something we've actively supported.

Oddly I'm not aware of the desk coming out of here in a mode where the external output is a duplicate of the first, so I'll have to see with production what they're doing to get it set like this. It's certainly not something we've actively supported.

Thanks

When I asked the question on the Chamsys forum. another person with a new MQ60 said his one also did the same. An echo option would be useful in my theatre maybe (bear in mind I only picked the console up last week!) as I have a wide community of users to cater for. It will take time to wean them onto a Chamsys way of doing things....

Luke - by the way I am in your classroom with James and Luc tomorrow if you want to look in and put me right?

For theatre use, an easier way to have a/the command line somewhere you can actually see it (ie on an external screen rather than in a tiny corner of a screen that you have to stand over to see) would be a big plus.

Sitting in a theatre plotting session is not the same as standing up with the desk on an upturned box a la rock and roll. Having this key screen information just next to the main stage view with all the main shizzle on it would make the desk much more theatre friendly. Along with one or two other things which I'm sure have been discussed on trade show stands at various times.

The initial linux console is handled by the underlying kernel and is not part of the X11 system which runs MagicQ. If you want to force the internal screen onto the external screen (the internal one will go blank), you can use the front panel shortcut of pressing the bottom three arrow keys and the exec button which should force the internal screen onto the external monitor.

Hi Luke - yes that works but only in 800 x 600 (to which monitor has to be preset), but still a useful option maybe (same keys put it back). In case it matters, my desk as shipped with 1.6.0.6 (Build 467) and was collected last Friday.

I've added in an option now so that setting the first monitor output to be "800 direct" will duplicate the internal display on the external one so you should be able to select this in the next Beta release.

I've added in an option now so that setting the first monitor output to be "800 direct" will duplicate the internal display on the external one so you should be able to select this in the next Beta release.

Many thanks - Peter

Archived