Speaker Cabling

PatrickLXdesker

I'm looking to find somewhere either in the north east or online that sells speaker wire (the dual core, usually red and black. that's used for things like surround sound etc.) Could anyobne reccommend the best brand that is also good value for money?

Cheers

I'm looking to find somewhere either in the north east or online that sells speaker wire (the dual core, usually red and black. that's used for things like surround sound etc.) Could anyobne reccommend the best brand that is also good value for money?

I quite like using this from Canford Audio for installation work. The reduced diameter means it's quite flexible and unobtrusive and I can use cable staples. The 1.5mm2 size is OK for small to medium installs.

You mean the cheap and cheerful stuff?

http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages/farnell/standard/CBBR631506-40.jpg

CPC link

Best brand is tricky, because we rarely care too much for branding - this kind of stuff is disposable and assuming the current capacity is ok for your application, it's fine.

Archived