Behringer Powerplay P1

amosacia

I was just wondering if anyone has heard much about the new Powerplay P1 units that Behringer announced at this year's NAMM?

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/P1.aspx

Did they have any with them and if so did anyone manage to have a listen or get an idea on prices?

The reason I ask is that we're looking at going to wired IEMs at our church and these looked like a good option... Of course if anyone has experience with other headphone amps I'd happily take suggestions!

Hi, I have ordered one from Digital Village so I can give it a try out. They are charging £41. I will post a 'review' on here once I have got it and given it a fair try out. I am seeing if they are any good before, potentially, buying a few more for a church band that uses a lot of brass so it gets quite loud.

• 2 weeks later...
I now have my p1. It is an impressive piece of kit considering the price. Very easy to set up and use. I have used it for personal rehearsals with I pod into channel 1 and my bass into channel 2 and the volume and mix is easy to control. Over all very pleased.

The volume of the unit is pretty good - I have been testing mine out with a monitor feed of vocals and a can hear the vocals over the brass section and my bass guitar. I also tried it with a you tube clip into both ears and totally drowned out my bass amp (Line 6 Low Down 150) when set at the volume I usually use when playing, so whilst not had much experience of it yet it seems to do the job well, is easy to set up. Basically you can monitor two monitor feeds, with M1 going left and M2 going right, or set it mono and have both M1 and M2 going to both ears. The balance between M1 & M2 is set on a single pot, and then volume is on a single pot.

Battery life is claimed to be 12 hours - we shall see, but it does have a crude voltage measurment device (green light battery good, green and red getting low, red, change), so no issues there. It is desiged to belt clip, but can also fit a mic stand (so probably better for drummers), and if stand mounted its more practical to use the power input rather than batteries (but no PSU supplied)

To be clear, this is not equipped with a mic pre-amp, and is desigend to take a line level monotor feed coming back from the desk.

For its price, I don't have any complaints.

Archived