Access tower on slope information

Pat Dillon

Good folks at Blue Room Forum, I'm looking for some information regarding building an mobile access tower on a raked stage. The rake is 12.1 ratio and the height of tower is eight meters. The footprint of the tower is a standard 8foot x 4 foot tower. I've been asked to build this tower across the stage which I've refused. I've built it in its up down position and worked on it and its been fine. I'm just putting it out there, was I right to refuse to build this tower as requested which means spreading the rake over a 4 foot footprint rather than an 8 foot footprint which common sense says is much more stable. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

P

I'm assuming that this is a tower without levelling adjustment? I suspect that building a tower on anything other than level ground goes completely against the manufacturer's instructions which is a HUGE can of worms.

hi Brian, yep the tower was adjusted to sit level on the rake.

I'm assuming that this is a tower without levelling adjustment? I suspect that building a tower on anything other than level ground goes completely against the manufacturer's instructions which is a HUGE can of worms.

Jesus .....don't even go there. the tower is level and has the larger outriggers on it. let me see if I can add an image

http://www.limelight.org.uk/tower.png

12:1 rake and a 8x4 ft tower sideways, at 8m high looks interesting!

I wonder where the CoG would be, but standing downstage at the rail, you'd actually be outside the tower base, which is a bad place to start.

Archived