dance floor tape

I have never seen a really clear, really matt dance floor tape. I've looked for it without success when laying vinyl dance floors with a painted design.

when visible lines on a dance floor have been undesirable, I have always ended up under-taping with gaffer or using double-sided tape and butting up the edges of the dance floor or carpet strips as neatly as possible to disguise the join.

Perhaps it's worth saying that I've always been fairly confident that using NEC approved differential DS tape will avoid damaging (temporarily or otherwise) the surface that you are laying your floor or carpet over. However on a recent tour I found myself apologising to local staff when the differential tape I was using left a residue which proved a bit of a pain to remove when laying ONTO vinyl dance floor. I had two batches with me, one lot from LeMark and one lot from Stage Electrics (can't remember the make) and both types left the crap behind on vinyl, but both were OK on wooden or painted floors.

The Le Mark clear dance floor tape is pretty good, much better than the Advance 'clear' 50mm dance floor tape, which is not really clear.

It used to be known as Pro-splice tape and I have used it extensively to cover rig prep labels. The text is completely visible beneath the Pro-splice tape.

The results of my quick comparison are in:

Flints TAP 075 (made by Advance) very clear, but quite shiny

Advance AT209 very matt, but a bit cloudy

LeMark Dance Floor Tape Nearly as clear as the Flints, and much less shiny. The best out of these three.

HTH !!

Archived