Rcf art or ev eliminator

danlightingman210

Hi guys! I am looking at buying a pa and it's between a pair of rcf art 325a's and a 705as sub or a pair of ev eliminator tops and a pair of eliminator subs. I am wondering which one is the best for sound quality and the sound pressure levels they can produce, does anybody have Any experience with either system?!

If you've narrowed it down to two options you need to go and listen to them side by side at as close to gig levels as your dealer can manage http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I'll refrain for now but you'll probably get a raft of alternative suggestions on here.

BTW, the Art 325 is discontinued (according to RCF anyway)

PMT in Salford have a big enough showroom to demo at decent levels (briefly, at least)

Im a Massive EV Fan but after dealing with a few Eliminator Systems I must admit that they appear to be EV`s Low end and somewhat Budget end of the party!

Iv not used the Art 325s but the Art 300 Series of Speakers are amazing for the price.

As suggested Take a listen to them both and judge for yourself :)

Matt

The elminator system really doesn't have much going for it, the subs make an ok drum sub (the do a not bad job of kick drums). I used it for a couple of small gigs (less than 100cap) and it just struggled to keep up with the backline. Very much the low end for ev.

You appear to be considering a budget of around £3000 here, unless you have specific reasons for your choices I'd give the Yamaha DXR range a listen, specifically 2xDXR12s (12"s are probably a better match for the 15" subs and often nicer sounding in the mid range than 15" top cabs) and one or two DXS15 subs. They're a fair bit more powerful than the ARTs or EVs, somewhat cheaper and come with a 7 year warrantee. Oh, and they sound great. If you feel a need to spend the whole budget then Yamaha DSR12s over DSR118Ws will get you there at a little under £800 a box.

Hi guys! I am looking at buying a pa and it's between a pair of rcf art 325a's and a 705as sub or a pair of ev eliminator tops and a pair of eliminator subs. I am wondering which one is the best for sound quality and the sound pressure levels they can produce, does anybody have Any experience with either system?!

I have a brief experience with the 12" version of the tops, and they sounded good, though I've only ever read about pricing in US$ so have no idea whether they're good value.

As for the 705as sub, I thought it had been discontinued and replaced with the 90x series as RCF's cheapest subs. Anyways my experience with them is they sound ok until pushed, then they exhibit the "one note wonder" quality that is often used unfairly (in some cases) to characterise all 4th order bandpass designs.

The Euro manufacturers all seem to love bandpass designs on their MI powered subs, and the new Turbo Milan subs just announced are following that trend, which seems a shame as another decent reflex loaded design to compete with the JBL XLFs would have potentially introduced some real competition in that sector. However the Turbosound AI line just announced would be worth checking out when it finally appears.

The Eliminator series , it's a passive system ! The passive crossover doesn't do much I'm affraid !

You need to get an active crossover (or a Digital Sound Processor , for example EV DX34 , or DX38 ) , to get the best out of them , after you set the DSP right , you won't hear anymore mids in the subs !!

And you will be able to use them at higher power than without the DSP , and you don't have to worry that you blowing a driver , cause the DSP has a limiter all you have to do is set the right parameters !!

Archived