Balanced XLR A/B Switch

simontaylor

Hello,

I am looking for a balanced XLR (left and right) switch, that will allow me to switch between two audio mixers on one amplifier.

I've found these two so far:

http://www.goldpt.com/sw2x.html

and

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kramer_vs_4x.htm

I really like the Goldpoint one, but it's a little over budget and I don't think they are on the list of approved suppliers at work!

The Kramer one is good value - but we only need 2 inputs, not 4.

Does anyone know of any other choices that I've missed?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am looking for a balanced XLR (left and right) switch, that will allow me to switch between two audio mixers on one amplifier.

ARX do exactly what you are looking for but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get hold of one in the UK.

Stereo XLR AB Switch

ARX do lots of really handy things.

It might be your lucky day... they do have a UK dealer, and the box is listed on their site for £102.

ARX UK Dealer

Cheers,

Peter

Got an old parallel printer A/B switch? Couple of chopped up XLR cables, a few D types, and half an hour with the soldering iron...

Second this. I bet in these 100+ Euro boxes is nothing more than a few wires. Of course the ready box looks more beautiful than the DIY version, but my approach would also be to make one. :P

Norbert

Thanks for the replies, some interesting thoughts. I'll see if I can source a printer switch and and make up my own in the meantime.

We have a contract with a nationwide AV company that can supply Kramer kit so might go down that route for ease, but will suggest these other options to my higher ups!

Thanks!

I know you said XLR and this may not be what you want at all.

But a very cheap and simple solution we've got in a couple of spaces here is switched TRS jacks. When unplugged, a small, installed, desk for PC, mp3 player and one mic is connected, put the jacks in and you can use a lager one of your choice. They're good quality Neutrik sockets which have not given us a problem since they were put in about 5 years ago.

Archived