Moving Light With Framing Shutters

Tim gregory

It's a hybrid fixture, similar to the Mac Air FX.

Technically speaking it MAY be able to do the job, depending on the OP's requirements, but I suspect that a profile with framing shutters will give him the most flexibility in this particular case. By definition "Wash/Beam", this isn't. MMX Blade or one of the others mentioned would probably be the smarter choice.

Thanks.

Anything in the Martin Mac range with "performance" in the name will have framing shutters.

However, I think you will struggle to get a fixture with a small footprint that has framing shutters from any manufacturer because a shutter module is quote bulky.

My two cents :)

Clay Paky Alpha Profile 700/800 or the Robe Robin DLS/MMX Blade are a good shout in this situation I feel, with the MMX Blade being the brightest on paper in OW. All are fairly small footprint but you are going to be paying a premium for any of these unless you can get a second hand deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions.

In the end we I couldn't find a framing fixture that was light enough or cheap enough to fit the budget, so I ended up using some small Robe fixtures with a rectangular Gobo.

I have attached a pic of the what we did.

Light1.png

The premise was to load up these 'pallets' with electric T-lights handed out earlier in the event (as pictured below)and then blast some light from behind.

Light2.png

But you can't beat Molefays...

Light3.png

Tim

Archived