Stadium Shot - COnfetti Cannon

slipstream

Looking at buying a couple of large stadium sized compressed air cannon - whilst the magicfx version looks great its a lot of cash - however 130PSI in a large chinese air tank might not be such a great idea either - anyone any experience of these - we have the small 1.5l version which have been great but this might be a step too far.

There's chinese stuff that's great, there's chinese stuff that's ok, there's chinese stuff that's a death-trap. Without knowing a specific brand or model no-one here can tell you if they're any good or not and since the bulk of the far-eastern manufacturing industry operates on a crowd-sourced manufacturing basis frankly just because one person got one that's great doesn't necessarily mean that an "identical" one brought the following week from the exact same factory will be made to the same standards or using the same grade of components.

I have to ask, if you're working venues big enough to need massive confetti shots then you should have the sort of budget that could pay for a proper unit from a known manufacturer and certainly in the event of a problem I wouldn't want to be the one stood in front of a client (or court) explaining why a cheep far-eastern unit of unknown manufacture & quality was what I'd chosen to use instead of something from a known, reputable manufacturer.

By the time you have pressure vessel paperwork for a Chinese unit you could have bought a European one.

Kinda my thought, although I have a friend who does hydrostatic testing, there is no guarantee the tank would pass a stretch test, I was hoping someone may have found a quality source for this type of effect, the risks are too high to spend £1500 bring in a dud

Any other brands I should consider?

Archived