Son Et Lumiere

Canal

Does anyone know of a company that may be into this art form

Due to arthritis I no longer participate in theatre work, but my hobbies now are Genealogy and I am involved with the towns WW1 commemoration this August 2014 and We are in MACCLESFIELD and out of a conversation of how horrific the war was, and we sometimes make it sugar coated So I would like to think we could have a Son et Luminiere even having the realistic sounds of bullets whizzing past you and shells falling and screams etc ( War Horse) then on our Town Hall the scene projected as Diamond Jubilee Buckingham Palace

So need to talk to companies BUT I fear cost will be excessive but have agreed to coordinate this event if possible Hope you can help

See what filling in your profile can do? Contacts already.

First things first, money is available and doubtless Cheshire and Macclesfield might have put some aside as well.

The next thing is to decide the creative outline and from what you say a decent PA company and a decent projection company are basics. Then I would imagine some lighting and possibly pyro. For the latter I can heartily recommend Matt at West Coast Fireworks who have done lots in conjunction with performers or, for a complete package, Walk The Plank.

There are others, lots of them, and without some form to the project it really does all boil down to budget. Community events can be two men and a dog on a string or Michael Sheen and a cast of hundreds but whatever you do I would strongly recommend starting off discussing things with the local Royal British Legion and One Mercian Regiment which is the Cheshires. You don't want to start off doing something that conflicts with the people who matter.

See what filling in your profile can do? Contacts already.

First things first, money is available and doubtless Cheshire and Macclesfield might have put some aside as well.

The next thing is to decide the creative outline and from what you say a decent PA company and a decent projection company are basics. Then I would imagine some lighting and possibly pyro. For the latter I can heartily recommend Matt at West Coast Fireworks who have done lots in conjunction with performers or, for a complete package, Walk The Plank.

There are others, lots of them, and without some form to the project it really does all boil down to budget. Community events can be two men and a dog on a string or Michael Sheen and a cast of hundreds but whatever you do I would strongly recommend starting off discussing things with the local Royal British Legion and One Mercian Regiment which is the Cheshires. You don't want to start off doing something that conflicts with the people who matter.

Thanks for your reply Kerry Just to say that the Group I am on is the Cheshire East Macclesfield Branch Which inc the Mayor and his office Head of Town Centre Manager Royal British Legion, Cheshire Regiment representitives Etc and Family History Society of Cheshire Macclesfield Branch

CSP Audio Visual in Deeside are a good AV company who are not too far away from Macclesfield - and I believe they've recently been working on some projects involving projection mapping onto buildings which I guess is what you'll be looking at doing.

Archived