BECTU Pyro Safety Awarness Course

Tom

Just had this from BECTU:

There are still a few places left on the pyrotechnics course on 20th January (details below) and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends and colleagues.

We are working in partnership with Creative & Cultural Skills and the Backstage Centre in Purfleet Essex to bring you a range of technical skills courses using their fabulous cutting edge facilities next to the Royal Opara House workshops in Purfleet, just off the A13 in East London.

We're kicking this off with a Pyrotechnics Safety Awareness one day course on Monday 20th January 2014 on the Sound Stage at the Backstage Centre. This course is a BECTU recognised Operational Pyrotechnic Safety Awareness course and on completion validates the BECTU Public Liability Insurance cover for a member to work at theatrical and live events using stage pyrotechnic devices; it's also great fun, I should know, I've taken part a few times on previous courses.

The cost to BECTU members is £100, discounted from the non member rate of £150 and includes all the pyro you can blow up plus lunch and refreshments. Students and trainees pay £125. There is plenty of free parking on site and Purfleet station is a 10-15 minute walk away.

Full info is on the BECTU website here

http://www.bectu.org...ment/pyrocourse

and you can book and pay here

http://bectupyro2014.eventbrite.co.uk

I know this may not be relevant to some of you but please feel free to forward this to anyone you think may be interested – it's open to BECTU members and non members. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Best wishes

Kate Elliott

BECTU Training Officer

Archived