X32 PC Software

STCM_Tech

Hey Guys

I am a little confused, I want to put the Behringer x32 software on my mac that lets you program the show file then load it to your console later. I thought this was called X Control, but on the Behringer site all I can find is the X-Edit software? Is the X-Edit software just for controlling the console?

Cheers!

Wil

I think that there was a change of name - what was XControl is now X-Edit.

yup that's correct - they changed the name when they changed the software to be compatible with the rack and core models and they added some MIDI functionality (all a foreign language to me). You also need your firmware updating to be compatible with x-edit. the full details re in the release notes file on the x32 download page.

If you work with other people's desks (as I do) you may want to check what firmware version they are operating and keep hold of a copy of the old x-control, just in case - I have never been comfortable with updating software on other peoples equipment.

Yep - the phone, ipad and mac versions of the control software needs the latest software update on the desk - which I've not done yet, so the ipad and computer don't connect. Oddly, the iphone reports update needed, but does connect and work?

Archived