behringer line array, turbosound and NAMM 2014

S&L

As a user and 'long term'* owner of Turbosound woodwork, I try not to be biased. I think the move OUGHT to do ok in reality. The only problem is how the reputation may change. I've never really had the problems you speak of Paul, although there have been a number of personnel changes over the years and it's likely that there was nobody at the company that was around when that product. Are we talking about the TMW 212 here?

I have found mixed opinions of our X32. Nobody has had a bad word to say about the use of it. it operates well, everything is simple. it's far infront of an LS9 as far as features go. Only time will tell if they prove to be as reliable but it's promising. However, you will find the less knowledgeable people will still turn their nose up at it due to its badge. This appears to be a section in the middle of the experience level. At the bottom of the pile you have the people amazed at the fact that it has a tv screen and the faders move on their own. They are in a band don't you know, and they have a 12ch mackie desk and it doesn't have anything like that. At the highest level you have the touring engineers, they work all day in arena sized venues with acts that demands nearly £100 a ticket. I've been there, the novelty wears off (sorry to destroy many ambitions). These people also love the X32, they understand what area of the market it's aimed at. They appreciate it has its place and is great value for not a lot of money. Sadly, in the middle of this is the type of person that is neither one nor the other. They have heard the horror stories and as such, think it's utter rubbish. These are the people that are going to hold back a lot of what the Music Group are perhaps trying to achieve. There are more than a few on this forum, I'm sure.

* Not too long in the scheme of things but since I was just out of school.

Rob - no, TFM-212. The wedge where there's a little cut out in the outer shell that has to be removed to get the HF driver out of the box, because it's too big to come out via the hole where the horn flare fits. Quite a neat design feature really, but something that isn't that obvious.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm reading this right then the links to the new turbosound stuff is up on their web site

http://www.turbosound.com/index.shtml

I'm fairly sure that the Liverpool line array system is what used to be the behringer EPX and they also list the IQ speakers that behringer showed last year.

But where would one find a price list for the IQ series. or any of the other myriad of small systems?

A quick look reveals things like these. With Ultranet inputs - so if I'm reading it right, you take an Ultranet loop from the S16 stage box to the speakers? All getting rather clever now!

Before I bought my X32, I asked about the ability to use multiple outputs as a crossover, and while it wasn't at that time, just after I bought it, this was included as a feature in an upgrade - and now we have a speaker system that can take advantage of it. One cable feeding everything!

A quick look reveals things like these. With Ultranet inputs - so if I'm reading it right, you take an Ultranet loop from the S16 stage box to the speakers? All getting rather clever now!

Before I bought my X32, I asked about the ability to use multiple outputs as a crossover, and while it wasn't at that time, just after I bought it, this was included as a feature in an upgrade - and now we have a speaker system that can take advantage of it. One cable feeding everything!

I love the idea though I wonder about cost. see midas website for screenshots of m32 with speakers selectable on the P16 system.

Archived