Help Identifying Fixture, Brand / Model / Type

lrowbotham

Hi All,

I have recently seen this fixture being used on stage at some concerts I've been to, most recently at Gary Barlow's New Year concert broadcast by the BBC. Attached is an image of fixture from a Matt Corby concert I went to last year

It's the stage lanterns in a bowl / circle shape that are randomly offset. I would class them as crowd / audience blinders, however I cannot find them anywhere, or even anything close.

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Lee

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/YARVRgK0h50/maxresdefault.jpg

Can also be seen in used in this video:

Yeah, It's a Patt 2013. Information can be found here Linky

They are a new design of an old style of light but have become very popular very quickly, a lot of hire houses stock them now.

Another unit you may wish to look at is a sky pan, similar look, perhaps a little large in diameter but as they are an older fixture they come with a few quirks.

Enjoy!

Mark

Hello, yes they are indeed my Patt 2013 fixture... I designed them last year and they are manufactured by James Thomas. You can buy them from James Thomas or AC Lighting directly or in fact most sales companies.. Rental wise they are available from HSL, TSL, Aurora and many more. Watch out for Patt 2014 coming - well this year! Let me know if you need any more info, I have a wysiwyg fixture for them also...

For Gary Barlows New Years show, I had a Mac 101 mounted below each unit to light into the reflector to give it a colour changing feel...

Oh wow, great job! I fell in love with them ever since I saw them last year. Yes I noticed that, I was watching the show and saw the subtle colour changes on the units, it was great. I decided in my head that you were lighting them from above or the units were able to output a soft colour glow. Nice to know how it was done.

Thank you for your help, I'm definitely interested in the units.

Lee

Hello, yes they are indeed my Patt 2013 fixture... I designed them last year and they are manufactured by James Thomas. You can buy them from James Thomas or AC Lighting directly or in fact most sales companies.. Rental wise they are available from HSL, TSL, Aurora and many more. Watch out for Patt 2014 coming - well this year! Let me know if you need any more info, I have a wysiwyg fixture for them also...

For Gary Barlows New Years show, I had a Mac 101 mounted below each unit to light into the reflector to give it a colour changing feel...

Perfect, thank you for your help Mark!

All the best

Lee

Yeah, It's a Patt 2013. Information can be found here Linky

They are a new design of an old style of light but have become very popular very quickly, a lot of hire houses stock them now.

Another unit you may wish to look at is a sky pan, similar look, perhaps a little large in diameter but as they are an older fixture they come with a few quirks.

Enjoy!

Mark

Archived