Avolites Titan One & Artnet

soakes94

Does anyone have any experience with Titan One and its Artnet feature? Id like to use the software to run some pixels, not sure how many yet but potentially over 1 universe. In titan one I see that there are 12 DMX lines, but then I read somewhere that it only outputs 1 line? My question is how many DMX lines can I have using Artnet?

Also Ive come across some china made artnet to DMX converters. I think I seen one for £100 and it had 6 universes. Are these going to work with the titan software? And are they going to produce a decent DMX signal, I know you get what you pay for but I occasionally have come across some semi decent equipment from china that I really like! So I cant be sure, or is it going to be a buy it and see how it preforms?

Cheers

S

Ive seen that alot of people use MagicQ, what are peoples view on this? It wouldnt be to much to play video on, just now anyway but the pixels will be in a oarticular shape and the idea is that they can chase and colour change as required. Would this software work well for this? Sadly I'm at work and cant download it due to web restrictions :(.

Cheers

MagicQ will run 64 universes of artnet ( or ACN ) for free if you just run it on your laptop. The pixelmapper has both generic FX support and the ability to run your own custom videos and images through it. Just layout the pixels you have in a grid, use the "patch pixmap" button in the grid view, and then you can use the pixelmapper straight away.

What "particular shape" are your pixels laid out in? You don't necessarily need to have a direct real world > pixelmapper layout. E.g. if you had an arc of pixels, you can just patch them in the pixelmapper as a rectangle, and use the out of the box horiz/vert effects.

We don't actually close over the Christmas period, so there will always be someone in the office on support so if you do get stuck, just drop us a call (02380 238666), and we'll be able to help you out.

Then if you have less than 170 standard RGB pixels, you can just use one of our MagicDMX dongles and that'll run over USB. With the 64 universes available over artnet, you can have about 10k pixels.

Hope that helps.

MagicQ will run 64 universes of artnet ( or ACN ) for free if you just run it on your laptop. The pixelmapper has both generic FX support and the ability to run your own custom videos and images through it. Just layout the pixels you have in a grid, use the "patch pixmap" button in the grid view, and then you can use the pixelmapper straight away.

What "particular shape" are your pixels laid out in? You don't necessarily need to have a direct real world > pixelmapper layout. E.g. if you had an arc of pixels, you can just patch them in the pixelmapper as a rectangle, and use the out of the box horiz/vert effects.

We don't actually close over the Christmas period, so there will always be someone in the office on support so if you do get stuck, just drop us a call (02380 238666), and we'll be able to help you out.

Then if you have less than 170 standard RGB pixels, you can just use one of our MagicDMX dongles and that'll run over USB. With the 64 universes available over artnet, you can have about 10k pixels.

Hope that helps.

The shape is a power on button symbol. But I was thinking of maybe doing a 30*30 matrix and then I can have the shape spin and grow!

S

Does anyone have any experience with Titan One and its Artnet feature? Id like to use the software to run some pixels, not sure how many yet but potentially over 1 universe. In titan one I see that there are 12 DMX lines, but then I read somewhere that it only outputs 1 line? My question is how many DMX lines can I have using Artnet?

Here is the answer:

Here is the answer:

I don't see what you are accomplishing here as you will still only have 1 universe? So you might as well just plug those parcans into the Titan dongle. Or am I missing something?

Archived