X Factor last night?

ninjadingle

Hi all,

For those of you on pantos or otherwise doing something more interesting last night - have a look at the video and story here - http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/14/the-x-factor-2013-viewers-left-baffled-by-technical-hitch-during-sam-baileys-duet-4230985/

Is it a comms feed from production crew or something else? Anyone in the know who can dispel the myths? If it were a comms feed how did it get anywhere near the broadcast mix?

Either way it seems when Nicole performs a duet on that show she's cursed - last year her mic failed!

For those of you on pantos or otherwise doing something more interesting last night - have a look at the video and story here...

Why? I *was* doing something more interesting last night so why would I be interested in a crap TV programme now?

Sounded like a line check to me to start with, as there was a big '1111122' near the start of the performance, and then some conversation later on. Haven't checked it back but stood out like a sore thumb during the performance so it wasn't subtle - but doesn't seem that unusual for ITV live shows - they're fairly common

Again haven't listened back yet but it sounded pretty reverberant - so might have been something in the room picked up by audience/ambient mics rather than anything directly into the broadcast feed - but I'm only speculating

Sounded like a line check to me to start with, as there was a big '1111122' near the start of the performance, and then some conversation later on. Haven't checked it back but stood out like a sore thumb during the performance so it wasn't subtle - but doesn't seem that unusual for ITV live shows - they're fairly common

Again haven't listened back yet but it sounded pretty reverberant - so might have been something in the room picked up by audience/ambient mics rather than anything directly into the broadcast feed - but I'm only speculating

It's certainly possible that a vocal mic for the next act was accidentally up in the broadcast console when it was being checked, but it seems more likely that the person testing it and talking on comms didn't realize they were standing next to an audience reaction mic. In the middle o fa big musical number the mixer is never going to find which AR mic it is to kill it.

Mac

Probably as reported Jedward backstage testing their in ear monitors were working but a fader left open to on-air.

Possibly a problem with digital desks and having layers below your main mix as it is easy to have one left up if you are mixing top layer with VCA type operation.

I doubt it was radio mic channel interference but on a live show who knows, they could have been taking feeds from the monitor desk or front of house PA desk to cut costs but I doubt it so will have to ask my ITV contacts on the old boys network.

Yeah is it possible to get a different link?

For those of you on pantos or otherwise doing something more interesting last night - have a look at the video and story here...

Why? I *was* doing something more interesting last night so why would I be interested in a crap TV programme now?

Why reply then? Don't be so rude.

Archived