Avolite Pearl - Tracking?

Ryan Lawrence

Hello!

I have got to programme a panto on an Avolite Pearl 2010 tomorrow (Last Minute). Does anybody know if there is a tracking or moving black feature built into the console??!

I recorded a few ques today but could not get it to track through. I had a quick look in the manual but can only find moving light follow spot tracking.

Please help!

Thanks

Ryan Lawrence

A Pearl 2010 will not do tracking or move while dark.

Hi

Theatre stack will track LTP values from cue to cue, as will the normal memories provided you record them by channel and in anything other than mode 0. Whilst classic Avos won't do the legwork for you, it's certainly possible to get it to do MIB although it requires a bit of forethought and planning when it comes to your cues. The Memory merge and include functions are your friends in this case.

All the best

Timmeh

A Pearl 2010 will not do tracking or move while dark.

Theatre stack will track LTP values from cue to cue, as will the normal memories provided you record them by channel and in anything other than mode 0. Whilst classic Avos won't do the legwork for you, it's certainly possible to get it to do MIB although it requires a bit of forethought and planning when it comes to your cues. The Memory merge and include functions are your friends in this case.

This is not really tracking though. You can get "tracking-like" operation but you have to do all the programming work yourself by ensuring that no static items are in the programmer before storing the cue. A tracking console does this for you automatically. Avo Titan consoles get close but still have some weirdnesses in operation sometimes.

Archived