Headphones

PatrickLXdesker

My Sennheiser 205HD's have given up on me, they got pulled and there's a wire break on the cablehttp://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif On the plus side I'm getting some new one's, are there any I should be considering or are the 205's worth getting again? I had no problem with them but I'm not sure if there's any newer/improved ones out. My budget is around £50.

Cheers.

My Sennheiser 205HD's have given up on me, they got pulled and there's a wire break on the cablehttp://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif On the plus side I'm getting some new one's, are there any I should be considering or are the 205's worth getting again? I had no problem with them but I'm not sure if there's any newer/improved ones out. My budget is around £50.

Cheers.

I'd probably stick with what you have especially since you can get them for around £37 online.

IMHO the next worthwhile price bracket up is between £100 and £120 in which you'll find Sennheiser HD280 Pro, HD380 Pro and versions of the Beyerdynamic DT-100, DT-150 and DT770 Pro.

After that it would be Sennheiser HD-25 'Basic' Edition(1) at around £135.

(1) Exactly the same headphones as the normal ones but come with fewer accessories.

After that it would be Sennheiser HD-25 'Basic' Edition(1) at around £135.

(1) Exactly the same headphones as the normal ones but come with fewer accessories.

You can actually get HD25s without the split headband - but same drivers etc - for £100.

Left field, I know, but if something at a similar price point but which comes with replaceable components would be of interest, we've just started using the Studiospares M2000 headphones. Rather heavier than the HD205, but very solid, with good bass and clear top end. £69.95 incl. VAT

Archived