Show relay and paging

mikelx

Help and advice please

I am not sure whether this should be under sound or stage management

I am looking for a 2 zone paging system so we can page FOH or Dressing rooms and also a boundary mic to supply show relay to dressing rooms and other outposts

and to have the capability to page over the show relay circuit

I have looked at Cloud equipment but they supply a 4 zone system - is there anything simpler that anyone knows of?

Thanks

mikelx

For two channels

http://www.numark.com/product/rm6

I've been using these for a few years, and they often appear under different brands too - you can plug the show relay into the rear mix socket, and then select if you want it to appear on output A, B or both - we use one to send the hanging mic to the dressing rooms, and the loop system - connected to the two outputs. The stage managers paging mic goes into the front panel socket and again can be routed to both outputs but we just route it to dressing rooms. One of the other inputs has audio from the FOH desk routed to just the loop system. They're not even expensive!

Tecpro have a system that integrates with cans, but a cheap 100V system will be much more cost effective.

We have a cloud system at work, this handles muting show relay while paging very well, and allows us to choose routing quite easily.

+1 for Cloud equipment, it's bullet proof and really simple to operate.

They do a 2 zone mixer which sounds like it would fit the bill the CX163 but you would have to have the mixer located next to the microphone. You are correct that you would have to jump up to a four zone unit to be able to select zones from the mic with the PM4 but don't be put off by them being four zone as they are just as simple to use as the units with less zones plus you have some capacity for future expansion.

We have a 2 zone 36/50 mixer amp, which interfaces to the PM4 mic just fine, the last two zones on the mic are non-functional.

You could also add the cloud remote switches if you wanted to be able to turn show relay/FOH feed on and off remotely.

Archived