alto truesonic ts sub 12

danlightingman210

Hi guys, I have just bought a alto truesonic ts sub 12 and it came today, I plugged it in works fine etc except the fan on the back of it sometimes is very slow sometimes starts and stops every second and sometimes on fully, now is this because of some sort of internal control which turns the fan on as and when depending on the temp and tells it how fast to go depending on the temp? My main worry was when it starts and stops every few seconds but then itll go fast again...is it a dodgy fan or part of how the sub works?! Thanks

Fans in active cabs I've used have been temp controlled, they start up on switch on then shut off until the amp gets warm. Most have variable speed fans too. I'll fire up my Alto TS110A over the weekend and let you know if it exhibits the same behaviour if you like.

I have the Alto TS Sub15 and the TS112A models and all have fans that are temperature controlled. With little or no load the fans do stop and start as you describe, if you run the speakers at a reasonable volume you should find the fans start running constantly to keep the internal amplifiers cool.

Thanks for the help there thats great! And one last thing the signal led on the back is it when its green thats just signal coming in and then when its red its peaking? I read the manual but it just says when flashing its peaking but doesnt say which colour!

You're right, green = Signal Present, Red = Peaking this may be the onset of clipping but there is usually a few dBs extra headroom and occasional red is fine.

Archived