Phantom Zeros

J Pearce

Hi all,

I'm having a play with Zero 88's Phantom Zeros, but on my installation the virtual front panel has no labelling at all, just the buttons. While I can cross reference from the manual it gets complex juggling 3 different windows on the work laptop, so I wanted to check whether this was normal, or whether the virtual front panel should have labels on the buttons as would be expected?

Hi all,

I'm having a play with Zero 88's Phantom Zeros, but on my installation the virtual front panel has no labelling at all, just the buttons. While I can cross reference from the manual it gets complex juggling 3 different windows on the work laptop, so I wanted to check whether this was normal, or whether the virtual front panel should have labels on the buttons as would be expected?

Jon - There have been moans on the Zero 88 forum about this for years, as the older desks have the labels. I understand it is to do with the amount of space available and the size of text needed to be readable as scaled down text would be too small to read. You might not have noticed but it does give a hint on the title bar when you move a mouse over a button?

I hadn't spotted the title bar hint, that makes it a little easier so many thanks for that!

I appreciate the issues of screen space, but other manufacturers have found ways round, and a good offline editor can do wonders for your sales, for many it is their first experience of the desk and its way of working.

there have been moans on the Zero 88 forum about this for years

We're not ignoring them - promise! We have detailed designs for a new version of Phantom ZerOS, which solves all the problems you've mentioned.

Our software team are busy working on several other projects at the moment, but this is high up the priority list!

Which console are you emulating Jon? Button labelling is already available for the ORB Series consoles, but not the Solution and legacy products yet

Archived