Westminster Abbey

Pete McCrea

You could google for images but you'd probably be better visiting. I doubt they'll allow photography in the Abbey so you may have to organise an 'official' site visit. I don't envy you. Last time I was in London I visited the Abbey on an official invite and still felt half the staff would be happier if I just dropped dead, preferably outside <_<

I did a show in Westminster Abbey about three years ago. I don't remember ever seeing a plan of any kind. We just had to measure up ourselves - usually either while the place was full of tourists or in the two minutes before evensong started.

If you want to PM me specific questions I'll attempt to drag stuff up from my notes/memory.

BBC Outside Broadcasts almost certainly have plans for the Abbey. I would't have any idea who to contact though or if they would be willing to share them but you don't know until you ask.

I think (but could well be wrong) that you'd want to try to get hold of a department called "Location management" who, if memory serves correct, are located in TV Centre. Try ringing TV Centre reception (number available on request) and confidently asking to be put through.

Archived