Avolites Personality builder

BobbyStarlite

Are these custom fixtures? According to the database you spoke to Peter at Avo by phone. Did he say he was going to create them?

I can sort them out for you but I don't have access to the files you uploaded at the moment. If you mail me the files I can send you personalities in return. Note that it doesn't look like you uploaded documentation for the 'Storm Beam 300'. Please include this (at least basic channel mapping) or I won't be able to do it. nick dot morris at avolites dot com.

Are these custom fixtures? According to the database you spoke to Peter at Avo by phone. Did he say he was going to create them?

I can sort them out for you but I don't have access to the files you uploaded at the moment. If you mail me the files I can send you personalities in return. Note that it doesn't look like you uploaded documentation for the 'Storm Beam 300'. Please include this (at least basic channel mapping) or I won't be able to do it. nick dot morris at avolites dot com.

Hi Nick,

I have sent you an email with all the documents please give me a call if there are any issues.

Kind Regards,

Bobby

• 4 weeks later...

Hiiii everybody...

I just wanted to bump this thread to ask another question about Avo Personality Builder:

How does it work?! I can't find any tutorials on it, I don't want to rely on Avo every time I need a custom personality for a fixture.

Someone left 2 Chauvet Colorstrips at a venue I work at, I patched them on an Pearl 2004 in using the Avo personality file online, but the personality seemed off because I could only adjust the blue but not the red or green. If you patch them in as dimmers it gets stupid as the channels have a lot of different functions. I tried to make my own personality for these fixtures but failed miserably.

Any ideas? How can I learn to do this? I'd like to know how to make them for R20 and D4 as I'm buying a Titan Mobile tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

On the avo website you can download a tutorial for personality builder. However it is quite complicated, there are a lot of different parts you have to get right.

The fastest way to build a personality is just to load up any old R20 file and alter the parameters to suit the new fixture. It's hardly rocket science.

It's true that if you only want r20 then it can sometimes be easier to edit existing files in a text editor. You still need some basic understanding though and ranges are difficult if you want them.

Much as I think it is great if people learn to make their own it would be better if I fix any faults so they work for everyone. There is already a bug report on this and I had started to fix it but then it got sidelined so apologies for that. As far as I could tell there are two issues - the first is that it locates the colour macro channel at 'open', whereas I think it ought to be 'RGB' so that colour mixing is enabled by default. The second is that the r20 file has the red and green ranges showing macro controls. This should only affect what is shown on the wheel display. It should not affect output. However, I will get these things changed ASAP. In the meantime can you confirm that it controls correctly if you manually change the colour macro channel to RGB and (on 2004) set the wheel display to raw to help with setting the colour mixing (from the shift menu IIRC).

Archived