laser

gchris

hi I'm trying to make a lasers skies.I have the bat its by american DJ. its 9.4mm

I was looking at a website that was selling a kit.Can I make this my self ? and how or will it cost to much? please help

Moderators Note: I've PM'd gchris asking for an edit to the above post to make it a bit more descriptive and easier to understand.

In general, modification of lasers is a bad idea, unless you really know what you're doing.

hi I'm trying to make a lasers skies.I have the bat its by american DJ. its 9.4mm

I was looking at a website that was selling a kit.Can I make this my self ? and how or will it cost to much? please help

Sometimes called `liquid sky`but you need a lot more power than 9.4mW , 100s of times more really. Because the beam is scanning over a wide area , average power is low, say at 20` the line projected was 10` wide, thats only 0.94milliwatts (milliwatt is a thousandth of a watt) per foot, so you can see the need for loads of raw power to start with.

One method used a spinning polygonal mirror, imagine a hexagonal nut where each face is polished to mirror smooth , spinning on a motor.

Or try pointing your laser through a glass stirring rod , its a cylindrical lens , gives you an instant demonstration of how bright it isn`t.

Have a read at :

http://www.laserfx.com/

Archived