MAC 700 Wash LERR

anna1988

Hi,

I have a MAC 700 wash that will lamp on and then after about 5 minutes will immediately lamp off and display LERR.

The fixture will not lamp on again until it has been power cycled.

I have checked all fans, tried a different lamp and changed out the temp sensor and thermo.

I guess I will end up swapping out the ballast ...

are there any other steps to take before this as obviously it is fairly expensive??

Thanks in advance

Have seen a similar problem on a 550 (I think) which went away on its own. We put it down to an intermittent on the 4 way lead which carries the lamp on command and status signals between controller and ballast

Dave

It didn't exactly go away on its own - it went while we were swapping things around in an attempt to diagnose the problem, hence the thought that the 4 way connector was dirty. Unable to reproduce the fault we just cleaned up the connector and left it at that. I don't think the fault returned

Dave

On a MAC 700 the ballast will monitor the load on the output and relay the information back to the main PCB to let it know if a lamp is struck or not.

If it doesnt detect a load it will shut down the ballast and the main PCB will throw up the error LERR. Normally this will happen after around 7 seconds after it cant detect a lamp.

If you had a wireset or ballast problem you would see this 7 seconds after you send the lamp on command.

As your unit is staying lamped on for 5 mins I beleve it is a thermal problem that is turning the lamp off. It will be either the lamp fans are not working which is causing the rear end to overheat causing the thermal to trip or the thermal it faulty and it is tripping at the wrong tempterature.

Archived