Low Fog-Ice Box

Nala

I am Looking to make low fog by use of an ice box, however in attempt to reduce leakage and save on the cost of buy so much ice I was wondering if there was a renewable option such as perhaps ice packs.

Is this an option or does anyone have any better ideas? I am also up for all ideas on the best ways to make the ice-box itself

Thank you

If you search I think there are or were a few topics on how to make an ice box, I believe if you look up low smoke Halloween someone in america had a big instruction on how to make one.

I guess ice packs might work but they will have less surface area, ergo might not make AS cool.

Ice packs work but it's a surface area problem. I've successfully done it in the past using lots and lots of very thin ice-packs (they tend to sell them in poundland) and later refined the model by using "reusable ice-cubes" ie tiny tiny ice-packs in the shape of ice-cubes that you freeze then drop in a drink. In the short term it's more expensive but buying a few hundred of them worked out a lot cheaper and easier than using actual ice-cubes and emptying it out every day.

A friend just freezes 1" thick sheets in oven trays trays, then breaks up a bit with a hammer and chucks it all in. Seems to do the job. I think his box is pretty much a copy of one he found on youtube and only cost him a couple of pounds.

Archived