Scaff bar wall mounts

Impact Pete

Hi usually the norm for a vertical or horizontal scaff bar to hang lights off would use a doughty wall bracket but I have found these to be a bit too big, I was wondering if there was anything out there that was more flush to the wall as only light weight LED fixtures would be put on it and it needs to blend in with building

cheers

They do make a smaller wall bracket - T33310 which has only a 100mm standoff..

I'd be wary of mounting it too close to the wall, remembering you still have to focus and adjust your fixtures as well as leaving room for cables etc

Hi 100mm is plenty for these fixtures flat panels

kind regards

I'd be wary of mounting it too close to the wall, remembering you still have to focus and adjust your fixtures as well as leaving room for cables etc

kind regards

Alternatively see if a metal work shop could tweak the brackets to make the stand-off to whatever you want?

kind regards

Alternatively see if a metal work shop could tweak the brackets to make the stand-off to whatever you want?

beginning to think that both my bracket issues might be better done custom, got some box and flat bar and can weld and a coaters 2 doors down... just didn't want the hasale really

I would be wary going for an adoption or a custom built item, for one simply reason. Liability.

If you purchased one from Doughy or similar then it would have been designed etc and made to the relevant quality standards. The item will then come with a load rating. Having a stock item adopted will effect the load rating in someway and custom making will mean there is no load rating, unless you can get a suitably qualified person to design and inspect the item before doing this.

Sorry to have to add this in but I have seen brackets being altered before and then shearing. All to have £100 on an install budget, and then having to spend the £900 anyway on getting the correct items on top of repairing the damage!

Matt

Archived