Audio Technica ATW702

Alec97

I've had this problem for some time now and wondering if you could help, basically when you sing/speak into the atw702 there is a strange hiss that comes out of the speakers along with the vocal and as soon as you stop singing or speaking it stops. I've tried different channels, rooms, XLR's, mixers, speakers, amps but it still happens so I'm putting it down to the transmitter/receiver it's self.

Any help would be great because I love this mic unit shame to lose.

thanks

ill try the gain but what do I do if it is the capsule

Ask the dealer you bought it from to swap the Transmitter (and if they'll let you try the new one before you take it away) or to send the unit back to Audio Technica for checking/repair.

Turn round for AT kit in service is quite good - usually about 5-7 working days so nothing to be afraid of - a decent dealer will loan you a transmitter until yours comes back (I would imagine :P)

Try a different mic plugged into the transmitter. If that one works then the first one is faulty and needs replacing. Do remember that tie clip mic capsules don't last for ever. If there isn't another mic available ask a dealer if you can try one.

Archived