Chamsys Virtual Dimmer help

norty303

I'm hoping this is an easy one for someone. I've managed to do this in the past for regular RGB pars, but can't get it to work now for the bars! Trés frustrating!

I have some LED bars (24 channels of RGB, no fixture intensity channel) and I've patched virtual dimmers for them, so that I can run RGB effects etc on them and be able to control overall brightness from a fader.

The problem is that when I select the group of heads and move the dimmer intensity so that the attribute is selected, when I do shift-record there is no VDimmer attribute to select, just the RGB attributes.

If I select all 3, I don't get any intensity control off the fader.

If I move the intensity and just do a straight record, I get no effect either.

Where am I going wrong?

Also, I'm aware that when you patch a pixelmapper it sets up a vdimmer for that. IS there likely to be any conflict if I also set up vdimmers in the patch?

I've just done a quick test on the PC version simply trying to take a programmer with a single RBG and vDim head, all attributes active and then Shift+Record, selecting REC INT and putting it on a playback. Looking inside the playback I do indeed have the head and Dim at 100%, even though the Dim and Dim Mode options were greyed out during selection.

Do you mean it's not working or just that you didn't have it as an option (ie. greyed out)?

Archived