Sanyo Pro X red lines?

jimbo

Can anyone help ? I have a Sanyo Pro X Multiverse Projector that has curved red lines superimposed on top of whatever I project, video or computer. How do I get rid of it? I've gone through all the menu options and there is no logo captured or anything...confused???? :( :P

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone help ? I have a Sanyo Pro X Multiverse Projector that has curved red lines superimposed on top of whatever I project, video or computer. How do I get rid of it? I've gone through all the menu options and there is no logo captured or anything...confused???? :D  :blink:

Have the projector been at a place where a laser been used?

I think I have a projector that have been at a rock club and a laser has beamed in the lens on the projector and I can see a inverted T in the top of picture.

I have a Sanyo Pro X Multiverse Projector that has curved red lines superimposed on top of whatever I project, video or computer.

On most projectors, red lines/blobs on images is usually due to there being dirt or dust on the LCD panel, especially if there is no uniformity to it. Depending on the size/model of the projector and your confidence with micro-optics you can clean it yourself, if not its a service job and will cost about £90 to have it cleaned.

have a similar problem on one of our projectors, only there are vertical blue lines, which look like rows of blue dots. Any suggestions will be gratefully received

If it is a uniform line of blue dots, usually vertically, then its a knackered panel or two, possibly caused by a power supply fault to the affected panels, but it sounds like a service job to me, and if it is the panels on a cheap projector, you may as well throw it away if it is out of warranty...

If it is a uniform line of blue dots, usually vertically, then its a knackered panel or two, possibly caused by a power supply fault to the affected panels, but it sounds like a service job to me, and if it is the panels on a cheap projector, you may as well throw it away if it is out of warranty...

That's exactly the problem, many thanks. I'll advise the boss accordingly.

I have a Sanyo Pro X Multiverse Projector that has curved red lines superimposed on top of whatever I project, video or computer.

On most projectors, red lines/blobs on images is usually due to there being dirt or dust on the LCD panel, especially if there is no uniformity to it. Depending on the size/model of the projector and your confidence with micro-optics you can clean it yourself, if not its a service job and will cost about £90 to have it cleaned.

have a similar problem on one of our projectors, only there are vertical blue lines, which look like rows of blue dots. Any suggestions will be gratefully received

I don't think it is dirt, if it is you can take it out of focus and the dirt will be clear dots.

I have a picture whit my problem, is it possible to post pictures?

cracked panels as far as I know is a hole line of dead or lighted pixels.

Lasse

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

I have two Sanyo XF-35N, with similar problems. I sent in one (stage left) of them because we were getting vertical lines evenly across the entire screen on the green channel. We took down the projector and sent them back to Sanyo (less than 1 year old). They told me it was the green LCD panel that was bad. We put it back up and now less than 6 months later, it is doing it again :( . To make matters worse, the other projector (stage right) is doing the same thing :( . I really don't think it has to do with dust (I am pretty picky about cleaning the filters on a monthly basis) as it has to do with some faulty LCD panels. I will re-post what Sanyo does to make the situation right!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived