Analogue audio output from HDMI in on projector

TomHoward

Hi

We are have a room which already has a Hitachi CP-A222WN installed which we are adding an installed speaker system, audio tie lines into the amps for the speaker system, and VGA ties to the projector from the same panel as the audio ties.

We have been asked for HDMI input as the projector has HDMI in, but we can't resolve the analogue audio from the HDMI input. The projector seems to have Audio Out - would this output audio from the HDMI port or is it just a split of the analogue audio ins?

Probably a simple question but not familiar with what the standard operation of this style of projector is. We don't carry a lot of so haven't really got anything to verify operation with.

Thanks in advance

Thankyou Peter, we'll pull an audio tie to the projector as well then and hopefully they should be able to use the HDMI tie to it's full extent.

I'm going to see if we can fit an HDMI connector down the conduit and get a pass-though panel connector as I don't like the look of wiring one of those.

I'm not sure you can make your own HDMI cables. In the distant recesses of my mind I am sure I read something about the connectors only being available under license. I am sure that they are available but I bet they need a pricey crimping tool if it is even possible to do them by hand.

Cheers,

Peter

It's possible, we are going to measure up the room tomorrow so I will know more then. We were planning to use screw terminal sockets for VGA so I had wondered whether we could use them for HDMI.

I can't say I'm totally convinced about how robust the HDMI connector is yet so I do like the pass-through connectors as it makes them a lot easier to change down the line. If we can use box trunking or 25mm conduit we may just be able to pass an HDMI premade cable along them.

Having a look at it yesterday they only want the video inputs at the stage end of the room, so run should be less than 10M. We're just going to use trunking big enough to send an off-the-shelf HDMI connector down and then use a passthrough at the stage box.

We'll be running VGA down the length of the room though but again we'll either use a screw terminal VGA or I may solder that one as not quite as tricky as HDMI.

Archived