Shapes in Cue Lists - Titan Mobile

peza2010

Finally found a bit of time to sit down and work out an issue I had a few weeks back - but still with no success.

Basically I programmed our titan mobile for a little family party one of my colleagues was putting on for his folks.

All the standard operational stuff, not a problem - what I wanted to do was to set him up a set and forget cue stack for when he wanted to party rather than operate.

So built a cue list, with different looks including colour and gobo changes, but more importantly different shapes.

On playback of the cue list the colours and gobos etc worked without a hitch, but the shapes attached just didn't work (despite knowing what shape was included with each cue)

Now I seem to remember needing a master shape speed/size fader for exactly this?? but in the cold light of day I still cant remember and its not something I need to do 99% of the time.

any ideas? I'm certain its something silly!

You would only need a separate speed master if you had intentionally set the playback to have a speed source that was not local (default).

If they are dimmer shapes and the playback is on a fader then the fader must be raised for it to work. If the playback is assigned to a fader and fader is set to control size then it would also need to be lifted to work correctly.

Beyond that it's pretty much impossible to say without more information.

You would only need a separate speed master if you had intentionally set the playback to have a speed source that was not local (default).

If they are dimmer shapes and the playback is on a fader then the fader must be raised for it to work. If the playback is assigned to a fader and fader is set to control size then it would also need to be lifted to work correctly.

Beyond that it's pretty much impossible to say without more information.

They were Pan/tilt shapes, with a fade time between cues.

Oddly, im all but certain the shapes fired correctly when fade times were not present.

Also I seem to remember that if manually "GO" every cue, then they would work. Perhaps I was doing something wrong with wait times etc?

I've looked at this some more but I can't find any problems with shapes in lists relating to this. Regardless of whether they have fades or are linked/wait for go it all works correctly for me. Please send the showfile to nick dot morris at avolites dot com with details on how to repeat and what you expect to happen versus what is happening and I'll have a look.

Archived