Control of many RGB Pixels

robocow

Catalyst would be a much cheaper solution than a over-powered high spec server, you could get a mac mini with a 4 layer dongle for very little.

I've recently acquired Mac mini and have been playing with a demo of catalyst. My research has suggested that it's been discontinued; the only dongles I've seen for sale have been second hand and cost thousands. Where could I get one "for very little"?

Sorry for the slight OT.

If you want a great dongle and one of the most powerful servers for very little, go for a PRG MBox Studio dongle - its well under a thousand and is by far one of the best servers around. I have used them for years and they just are rock solid - and the best bit is you can cross fade between clips on the same layer making it possible to use one layer for an entire show.... very handy indeed.

Catalyst would be a much cheaper solution than a over-powered high spec server, you could get a mac mini with a 4 layer dongle for very little.

I've recently acquired Mac mini and have been playing with a demo of catalyst. My research has suggested that it's been discontinued; the only dongles I've seen for sale have been second hand and cost thousands. Where could I get one "for very little"?

Sorry for the slight OT.

Id suggest contacting SNP http://www.snp-productions.co.uk/ or SSS http://www.stagesoundservices.co.uk/ who could quote for one. But for one of the smaller dongles you can get it for under a £1000 but it goes up from there. and it definitely isnt discontinued, development for it is still ongoing! but the full 32 layer dongles do cost a few thousand, but depending on what your using it for you dont need that many. And you would need a dedicated mac pro as a mac mini just wouldnt handle playing back that much content.

Archived