mac250+ problem

gaz0r

getting a strange problem with my mac250. it works fine no problem then the lamp cuts out and will not respond to DMX no error codes come up on the light but if I do a restart I get the error F6ER any ideas how to sort this ?

getting a strange problem with my mac250. it works fine no problem then the lamp cuts out and will not respond to DMX no error codes come up on the light but if I do a restart I get the error F6ER any ideas how to sort this ?

It's FbEr - Feedback Error and it means the optical encoders on either pan or tilt are not working correctly. First port of call is the optical sensors themselves

Dave

Hi,

If the unit was all okay and then it froze and will not respond to DMX. The reason for this is because the unit thinks the lamp has exploded and it is a safe guard in the software so hot shards of glass do not get showered through the unit and possible damage the unit more. when you say restart the fixture I assume you mean power off and then on again or reset via the onboard menu?

1: if the lamp is indeed going out, then try a new lamp firstly, as a lamp on its way out can do this. If that is not the case then check that the fan is running up to speed and the airflow is correct as the unit could thermal out and also check the thermal out. If it is a thermally issue then if you leave the unit powered on the lamp should restrike when the thermal has reset.

2: if the lamp stays on when it freezes, then it is a lightsensor issue.

hi I have one that the lamp stays on and it freezes, no response from any DMX. I can cut power and still nothing, the only way to make work is. cut power move head re power.

would you say this is a light sensor issue to?

when I get to the unit it is just the little stars on the display (like the ones you get for 1 sec when powering up)

hi I have one that the lamp stays on and it freezes, no response from any DMX. I can cut power and still nothing, the only way to make work is. cut power move head re power.

would you say this is a light sensor issue to?

when I get to the unit it is just the little stars on the display (like the ones you get for 1 sec when powering up)

It could be, but the display shouldn't go like that, it will normally display a hot message or lamp error message. I would suspect that you have intermittant breaks in the wires that go through the yoke to the base, possible shorting to ground or to each other. If the light sensor is causing a problem then when the light freezes check to see if the lamp led on the display has gone out or stayed on.

Archived