Avo Titan Release masks

lampygirl

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to set release masks in a cue by fixture?

I have a strange problem, in that I ave a cue featuring 4 hungaroflash Quasars and 6 SGM X5s, the quasars need to release I in order to stop visibly strobing with the fader at 0, but applying the mask seems to add a timed fade out to the X5s, take th mask off, the X5s blackout fine with the fader but te quasars are still applying the strobe channel value, just with the dimmer value set at 0, however at this level, teh tube is still visibly firing.

Anyone come across this or similar before an found a way round it?

Using a Pearl Expert (original one, if it makes a difference) running v6 Titan.

You can't release by fixture at the moment as it is global to a playback.

However, the solution here should be to set master release to 0sec (OFF/[master release]). If this doesn't work make sure you are running latest version. I know that master release applying to playback release was a recent change but can't remember exactly which version it came in.

Alternatively if you need to retain the master release time for other things then I'm fairly sure you can cheat the fade by setting a curve on the playback instead. For example 'Always On' should cause it to snap off regardless of release fade time. You might need to set the playback to mode 1 ([Edit Times]) for this to work.

Archived