tungsten profiles

Digger65

hi all

have been asked to price up some profiles for overhead specials with a trim height of approx 5 -6M

I was considering something like the old Leko as I always enjoyed the optics and nice effect they give as a special overhead with haze

if anyone could let me know the closest modern equivalent so I can start pricing up

many thanks in advance

D

The equivalents that spring to mind are ETC Source 4 and Selecon SPX profiles.

Both are axial mounted lamps that utilise an ellipsoidal reflector, and are available in a number of fixed degree lenses and two zoom formats.

For a trim height of 5-6m, you probably want to be looking at 36 and 50 degree fixed units, and 25/50 for zoom units.

Just a note about the actual units themselves, is that I find the SPX build quality some what to be desired! They feel very cheap and compared to the S4 they are but if its fixed position and not moved then fine but I find S4's a solid unit to handle!

I am not a fan of the SPX's, I don't like plastic lanterns. However, they are really the only alternative to a Source 4 in an axial stylee.

TBH I would rather go for Juliat 600 and 700 series lanterns, as optically I think that they cannot be beaten. But they are not axial units.

I am not a fan of the SPX's, I don't like plastic lanterns. However, they are really the only alternative to a Source 4 in an axial stylee.

TBH I would rather go for Juliat 600 and 700 series lanterns, as optically I think that they cannot be beaten. But they are not axial units.

agreed with regard to Juliat,

will look at the 600s

thanks

D

Archived