placo flash

chingfordlighting

hey

I had a shoe last night and are rigg was all placo 3 near end of act one 1 of the placo keeped flashing then I check it and then turn it off then 2 more started flashing so I turn them off and then one more started flashing

what do I do

I have a show tonight and need to get them working asap

thanks jack

I guess that's 'show', 'rig' and 'Palco'?!

Given you had problems with more than one unit look for things in common. ie. DMX and power. Most likely DMX, probably a single faulty cable. Try swapping cables out in a logical order or replace the lot as an emergency fix if you can. Power or control are also possible which are harder to trace but would probably affect other things so is less likely.

We toured about 12 of these and had never ending problems with them! The same problem you are having and we also discover they sometimes dont like linking through DMX when we tripped the units out. The units we had had DMX cables hardwired in with in/out connectors rather then built into the units and the cables were just getting trashed, check the wiring hasnt been pulled at the unit!

Archived