Rigging Courses

Not exactly the wild North East but Backstage Academy is within 100 miles, I think, and could possibly answer both your topic queries.

My Link The short rigging courses there are run by Eric Porter one of the founders of the National Rigging Certificate and, despite being a mate of mine, is a really nice bloke as well as a very good and highly experienced trainer. Their other courses include a foundation degree and they were setting up a generalist "Summer School".

Search BR for the endless discussions on work based training versus academia and you will see it is possibly the most common query and there is no consensus whatsoever. Basically there is a split between formal theatre, where there is a small majority for academia, and events where there is a fair majority for vocational training or JFDI.

Not exactly the wild North East but Backstage Academy is within 100 miles, I think, and could possibly answer both your topic queries.

My Link The short rigging courses there are run by Eric Porter one of the founders of the National Rigging Certificate and, despite being a mate of mine, is a really nice bloke as well as a very good and highly experienced trainer. Their other courses include a foundation degree and they were setting up a generalist "Summer School".

Search BR for the endless discussions on work based training versus academia and you will see it is possibly the most common query and there is no consensus whatsoever. Basically there is a split between formal theatre, where there is a small majority for academia, and events where there is a fair majority for vocational training or JFDI.

Thanks.

I've looked on BA and all of their courses look pretty thorough and interesting. Has anyone been on them? I'll be doing either the 1 or 2 day rigging course.

Cheers

Patrick

Archived